Dear Riding & Driving Adventure Enthusiast,
Thank you for choosing Go Baja / Go Desert Riding Tours. You have taken your first step toward an experience that few other people will do in their lifetime. This sets you apart from the crowd! Here’s our pre-ride information that covers a variety of information, including the various ways to enjoy the Baja peninsula and stateside desert Barstow to Vegas!
No matter where one has ridden or traveled, there is nothing as magical as motorcycling in the Baja, Mexico peninsula or the beautiful California desert. Imagine dirt trails running through forests, a vast dry lakebed, creek crossings, sand washes, stunning coastlines, and challenging single-track terrain
Now, at the end of your day’s ride, you are relaxing with a cold margarita while swapping stories with your team. The scent of your steak or seafood dinner with beans and handmade tortillas wafts your way. Later, in a comfy bed you drift off to your best night’s sleep in months… perhaps years.
If this kind of experience is for you, let us help you choose one of our all-inclusive tours that includes your lodgings (double occupancy, single supplements available), delicious food, support vehicles and crew, guides, fuel, and your motorcycle. For motorcycles, we offer the Baja-proven Honda XR 650, XR 400/250, the new CRF450X, the XR 250, and you may also drive a Arctic Cat Wildcat off-road buggy (double occupancy). You may also ride your own bike at a special BYOB rate. All are meticulously serviced and maintained, and equipped with Baja-worthy up-grades and accessories. We look after all the important details.
We offer several great ways to enjoy adventure touring:
- 4 day 500 Mile Northern Baja Loop ($2,195 & $1,695 BYOB). Tour pick up and drop off in San Diego, Ca.
- 5-day 650 mile Northern Baja Loop ($2,595 & $1,895 BYOB). Tour pick up and drop off in San Diego, Ca.
- 6-day 750 mile Loreto Peninsula Expedition ($3,300 or $2,800 BYOB). Tour picks up in San Diego and return home via flight from Loreto.
- 7-day 1000 mile La Paz/ Cabo Super Excursion ($4,295 or $3295 BYOB). Tour picks up in San Diego and return home via flight from La Paz or Cabo.
- Off Road 2 Seat Buggy’s ($2195 per person), for our non riding guests- double occupancy.
- Riding Gear– full complete gear available ($250)
For the Loreto and La Paz trips, consider adding extra days after your ride to enjoy diving, surfing, sport fishing, or perhaps fly in the spouse or significant other for a romantic rendezvous ~OR~ bring them along!
We have arranged private and custom tours for riding groups, corporate events, and families for over 17 years. Even if you are part of one of our scheduled tours, you won’t get some canned, cookie-cutter ride that treats everyone the same as the last group. Our specialty is matching riders appropriately, providing the right challenge for your abilities and desires, and there is even a convenient riding gear rental option available. We look forward to riding with you!
Thank you for considering Go Baja Riding and Go Desert Riding Tours as your adventure vacation guides.
Arrive & Drive with Go Baja/Go Desert Riding Tours!
"You Drive” 4 Day Adventure packages starting at just $2,195 per person, double occupancy. You will be a part of your own two wheeled posse on the Arctic Cat Wildcat off-road buggy (double occupancy only). Bring your sweetheart and your non riding guests to experience GBGD Ride and Drive Tours first hand. You take the wheel of one of your very own Arctic Cat Wildcat off-road buggy, fully equipped with all safety equipment, just like the Famous Baja 1000 Championship winning Race cars.
But don’t let that detour your adventure, our tour cars are very user friendly and safe to operate, with automatic transmissions. You will feel very comfortable and safe at the wheel of your own Arctic Cat Wildcat off-road buggy!
BYOB (Bring Your Own Bike)
4 day $1,695.00, 5 day $1,895.00, 6 day Loreto Expedition $2,800.00, and 7 day Cabo Excursion $3,295.00.
We require a $600.00 non-refundable tour deposit to secure you in your desired ride date. The balance is due in full 3 weeks prior to the departure date. January thru May has prime riding conditions so these dates tend to book faster than our busy season of October through December.
Our tours are set up with riders that are close to or have the same riding capability. If you are an individual or have a smaller group of less than 4 people we will team you up with other riders. We have the crew and resources to accommodate large groups if needed.
What should I pack?
- Luggage: Pack light, you will be in your riding gear every day. Gear bag or soft luggage works best.
- Clothes: T-shirts, pullovers and jeans work everywhere in Baja. Casual shoes, shorts, swimming suits, and sturdy sandals are good in the early fall and spring. You would typically wear layers.
- Misc: Bring sunscreen, camera, film/memory cards, batteries, cell phone charger (Baja uses the same currency as the US), sunglasses, and a ball cap for during the day. If bringing personal medications, they need to be in their original packaging from the doctor or pharmacy.
What about my motorcycle gear?
Go Baja Riding has full custom gear available for rent. If you are bringing your own gear, the following full off road equipment is required for safety:
- Helmet, goggles, gloves, elbow and knee guards
- MX style boots
- Enduro style jacket
- Fanny pack (to carry a water bottle) or camelback drink system
- Kidney belt is recommended
- Rain suit is recommended
- Goggles should have a clear lens
- Gear bag to carry all your MX gear
With our Equipment package you must bring your own Enduro Jacket.
Will I need a passport or special documents?
If going to Baja, yes – you will need one of these to return to the United States. No exceptions.
Valid passport -OR- Valid passport card (it’s new) https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html
Note: A Mexican Tourist Visa along with the above documents is required only if we are taking the 5-day Loreto Peninsula tour, 6-day La Paz or 7-day Excursion to Cabo.
How much cash should I bring?
As you know your adventure tour with GBGD is all-inclusive! We take care of your transportation to and from Baja Mexico/Barstow to Vegas, your bike, gas, hotels, and all meals (mixed drinks & beer excluded). We just require that you bring your Crash Damages Deposit in CASH. If you would like to shop, there will be time on your first night’s stay in Ensenada/Stateside where there are many stores and vendors. Small bills ($1’s, $5’s, $10’s, $20’s) are best so local vendors can make change easily.
What is the motorcycle “Crash Damages Deposit”?
· Motorcycle Riders: $300.00, Buggy Riders: $500.00 Cash for the Crash Damages Deposit. This cash deposit will be collected from each rider on the first day at the riders meeting (No credit cards can be accepted for this deposit). Any damage to your bike will be deducted from this deposit at the end of the tour.
Information for Baja Tours/San Diego, CA pick up
Normally our chase crew can pick you up at your airline baggage terminal at 11:00 am on your pick-up date. This time will usually give you a chance to fly in, grab your bags and have lunch prior to your short transport south across the border where the adventure begins!
Where should I stay in San Diego? We recommend to riders to “stay over” Saturday night in San Diego and get a fresh start out Sunday morning.
1955 San Diego Avenue San Diego, CA 92110 / Phone: 619-543-1130 / Fax: 619-543-0180
They have an airport shuttle available to our customers. Mention Go Baja Riding or Go Desert Riding Tours and receive our tour discount. If you fly in early or stay an extra day, our transport can pick up, or drop you off at the hotel.
What about my return flight home?
Most tours finish Saturday, with our vehicles transporting your group back to the San Diego airport Saturday evening approximately by 9:00 -10:00 pm. Most riders opt to “stay over” Saturday night in San Diego and get a fresh start out Sunday morning.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us at (951) 687-0808. Thank you for choosing to ride with Go Baja/Go Desert Riding Tours.
Until We Ride,
Bruce Anderson, Owner & Guide